Notting Hill Area Guide
Notting Hill Area
Notting Hill is a vibrant and attractive area and now, one of the more affluent parts of London. Famous for its appearance in the eponymous movie, the yearly Notting Hill Carnival and the Portobello Road street market, the area has a buzzing nightlife and an eclectic mix of shopping and food options.
The area has a green and spacious feel with wide streets and varied and sometimes colourful architecture. There are a number of grand 19th century squares and terraces with stucco fronted houses with porticos interspersed with quaint cottages and mews houses in rainbow pastels. Hidden from view are private garden squares, only accessible to the owners of the multi million pound houses fronting them. But with Holland Park and Hyde Park a short walk away, there is plenty of outdoor space for escape and leisure activities.
The area has excellent transport links, for fast access to all areas of London. The Central Line Tube will whisk you to the West End and Oxford Street in minutes or onward to the City and the Docklands. Or head west two stops and you have the largest urban mall in Europe, Westfield. A Sunday afternoon stroll to Queensway is rewarded by Dim Sum at one of the best Chinese restaurants outside Chinatown.
If you are looking to rent an apartment in London, Notting Hill is a great neighbourhood area and ticks a lot of boxes. Speak to one of our friendly team now about our stylish apartments and studio flats.
Notting Hill – a few pointers
- Shopping!The location of Notting Hill apartments puts you within easy striking distance of all the key shopping meccas of London. Oxford Street, Bond Street, Kensington High Street, Harrods and the Kings Road are all a short tube ride away. The vast retail [Click image for more]
- Notting Hill HistoryNotting Hill began its journey from open countryside to forming the beginnings of west London as a pottery and pig farming area in the 1800s. James Ladbroke developed the area and over time, through financial ups and down it became a fashionable [Click image for more]
- Eating outOK, we won’t lie to you, the kitchens in our Notting Hill apartments are great but you may find it hard to get much use from it when there are so many amazing restaurants around you. While the usual suspects in the restaurant chains are there, the [Click image for more]
- Hyde ParkHyde Park is about an 8 minute walk from our Notting Hill rental apartments. It is a vast urban oasis with thousands of trees, a large lake, purpose built sporting facilities and one of the prettiest Police stations in the country. As with most [Click image for more]
- Arriving and getting around LondonWhen you rent an apartment from us, you will be excellently positioned within a few minutes walk from London’s efficient transport network. The Tube It’s been called the Tube since the early 1900s and our apartments are just a five [Click image for more]